The Producers Guild of Great Britain is the new non-profit trade group that represents, protects and promotes the interests of all members of the producing team in film, television and new media.
We work closely with production companies and studios to help our members create the best possible content and deliver it to a diverse audience.
For a long time now Producers have received very little credit and a reputation for just financing films, we want to change that!. While raising funds is a vital role, we require our members to have a creative input in the projects they’re producing. In return our members have the option to use the “PGGB” trademark after their name in the credits.
Members will also have access to monthly events, access to job listings on our website, access to a forum so you can network with other Producers, regular industry news and an invitation to our 3 day annual conference which will include seminars and workshops.
In the Members Area of the website you’ll find a polling section where you can nominate/vote for Producers in different categories during an annual awards event, and during the rest of the year we’ll use this periodically to ask your opinion and help us make decisions, which means you’ll be controlling the direction of the guild!
We have five core mission statements:
- Working with established Producers to protect and improve their careers, the industry and the community.
- Help aspiring Producers wishing to enter the Film and Television industry
- Tackling the issue of deceptive credits
- Promoting diversity by making sure Women, LGBT and those from ethnic backgrounds are correctly represented
- Working with other Guilds, studios, networks and companies to promote the general welfare of our industry and seek a harmonious resolution to issues of contention.